Saturday 2 June 2012

Fresh Wall Art...

Hiya,

Sorry - long time, no post on this little old blog eh? I've been pretty busy over the last few weeks and other commitments have taken priority but I'm now on half-term so have lots of time to play... yay! I wanted to make some little wall hangings for my church bookshop so I used a couple of challenges to get me started - the Play Date colours and Freshly Made sketch...

  

Now I will admit before I show you my creation that I kinda missed the point on the whole 'clean' idea of the FMS challenge... I got a bit carried away and forgot the point of the challenge I was working on...! Sorry FMS gals! But it doesn't have tearing or distressing (does that still count?) lol!


I make these pieces of wall art using a piece of hard board that comes in a pack of 6 (supposed to be used as an album) - they are only slightly larger than a standard card so really easy to decorate. I used some Lost & Found papers from MME that matched the colour scheme nicely and a new Spellbinders die I recently got for my birthday (Floral Ovals). The sentiment is from a Layers of Colour stamp set I got a while ago (designed by Nina Brackett). I added lace, So Saffron ribbon, a die-cut flower & button with a couple of punched leaves and some pearls.

Here's a close up of the central panel:



Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colors with beautiful details! So glad you shared it at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is AMAZING!!! LOVE that scripture stamp--and your elements are fabulous! GORGEOUS card!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card! I love the patterned paper with its gorgeous colors and measuring tape detail. The ribbon, flowers, and button embellishments all make one fantastic card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simply gorgeous! Your details make this a true work of art and it really is special. So glad you joined us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, this is SO pretty! I love the background papers and the happy yellow bow! Thanks so much for joining us this week in the Cafe - gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!! This is all so incredibly beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my gracious! This is the prettiest card I've seen all day, Amy! LOVE the patterns and trims and that glorious, scripture sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to rock this weeks color challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete