Tuesday 10 April 2012

Mother's Day Cafe

Hi there,

When I saw the colours over at the Play Date cafe this week I knew I had to play along - LOVE these colours together! I combined the colours with one of the Viva la Verve sketches this month.

 

I decided to make a card for my Mum for Mother's Day coming up in May in Australia - hopefully I'll actually get it to her on time this year! I used some old SU papers as well as a few Verve stamp sets to create this...


My Mum loves her cups of tea and she loves blue so this is very 'Mumsy' in design. The Kiwi Kiss background was stamped with a background from Verve's background basics usign Versamark ink for a subtle effect. The circle panel was stamped with the greeting in Charcoal ink and the tea cups with Baja Breeze with a little 'steam' swirl with Tea Stain ink. I layered the circle (sponged with Baja Breeze) onto a MFT doily. I added some Baja Breeze ribbon and a button to finish.

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card and that ribbon is fabulous. Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, really. :) Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete