Wednesday 11 January 2012

VLV Courage...

Hi there,

I wanted to make a card for my boss this week with a specific Verve sentiment that I love (from the Blue Skies set). I used the sketch from this week's Viva la Verve challenge...


Because I was making it for a man I had to resist my natural inclination to embellish the heck out of it and add flowers and butterflies... lol! It wasn't easy, let me tell you! I used some Kaisercraft papers for the muted colour scheme, stamped the sentiment with Charcoal ink (from SU's distressing kit) and a couple of swirls also from the Blue Skies set in Sahara Sand (stamped off once first to make them really faint). I sponged some Antique Linen ink around the sentiment to warm it up a little and added some 'manly' embellishments... if there are such things! Some old hodgepodge hardware together with some twill tape and a couple of buttons did the trick.

I hope the sentiment encourages him along with the thought that someone cares! After all, that's why we do this hobby isn't it..? That and the unhealthy addiction to paper... :-)

Have a great day wherever you are!

x Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment